Sunday, May 8, 2011

14. Delaware

     The Woodside Farm Creamery, located between Wilmington and Newark, was our destination in Delaware. I'm glad I had good directions because this place is off the beaten path. Visited by more locals than tourists, the homemade ice cream was a cool refreshing snack. Dennis ordered Chocolate Thunder and I ordered Butter Pecan. Both were served in a waffle cone. Priced by the ounce (.51 cents), it is weighed cone and all. We listened to the music supplied by a local bluegrass jam session as we ate our rich and creamy ice cream. As we were pulling off we noticed the dairy's Jersey cows very close to the road. What a photo op! The cows obviously enjoy having their picture taken because they would walk towards me and pose. I was a little apprehensive since there was very little fence between me and the cows. I wasn't sure if it was there to keep them in or me out.
Before heading to Baltimore we stopped in Newark, home of the University of Delaware, to find a postcard. Main Street is lined with what seemed to be some intriguing eateries. Both too full, we'll have to put this little college town on a to do list for later.

http://woodsidefarmcreamery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment